Ontario By Bike Network Workshops
The Ontario By Bike workshop is a two-hour comprehensive workshop, where participants will learn more about:
- Who cycle tourists are and what are their needs
- How welcoming cyclists can be good for business
- Economic impacts and development of cycle tourism internationally, in Canada and across Ontario
- Local and regional cycling routes and services
- How to become a certified bicycle friendly business
- Marketing and networking opportunities
- Cycle tourism destination development
Since 2010 we have held a total of 62 Ontario By Bike Network workshops in regions across Ontario, with over 1,830 workshop attendees to date. Regions include: Region of Niagara; County of Frontenac; Southern Ontario Greenbelt Areas and Regions including: Hamilton, Halton, Peel, York, Durham, Northumberland; South Eastern Ontario – The Great Waterway - Regional Tourism Organization Region 9 (RTO9); Manitoulin Island & LaCloche Foothills; Lanark County; Kawarthas Northumerland – Regional Tourism Organization Region 8 (RTO8); Haldimand & Norfolk County's; Haliburton County, Grey County, Simcoe County, Toronto, Renfrew County, Essex County, Ottawa, South West Ontario Tourism – Regional Tourism Organization 1 (RTO1), Elgin, Middlesex, Oxford Counties, Sarnia/Lambton, London; Parry Sound District; North Bay, Mattawa, West Nipissing; County of Brant and Brantford; Waterloo Region; Chatham-Kent.
There is no charge to attend an Ontario By Bike Cycle Tourism Development Workshop. To enquire about hosting a workshop in your community, contact info(at)ontariobybike.ca or call 1-866-701-2774.
Upcoming Ontario By Bike Network
& Cycle Tourism Destination Development Workshops
Workshop Details - April 26th from 9:30am to 11:30am at The Plex (Rotary Hall) in Port Elgin
Ontario's Highlands - Cycle Tourism Destination Development Meetings
- Minden - March April 4 / 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Bancroft - April 5th / 9:30am to 11:30am
- Eganville - April 5th / 2:30pm to 4:30pm
- Carlton Place - April 6th / 9:30am to 11:30am
Halton Region Cycle Tourism Strategy Consultation Meetings
- Oakville - April 20 / 9am to 11:30am
- Burlington - April 20 / 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- Milton - April 27 / 1pm to 3:30pm
- Halton Hills - April 28 / 10:00am to 12:30pm
Cycle Tourism Destination Development
Ontario By Bike has the experience and capacity to create customized workshops and facilitate meetings for an audience with a variety of backgrounds and interests, and in addition to the Ontario By Bike Network workshops has hosted dozens of custom destination development workshops and facilitated meetings.
Ontario By Bike is a program of Transportation Options a not for profit organization with an impressive portfolio of projects and an established consulting practise, specializing in cycle tourism development projects.
Contact us to more information on these options, send us your RFP, request a proposal, or simply give us a call to discuss some of your ideas. Contact info(at)ontariobybike.ca or call 1-866-701-2774.
Also visit www.transportationoptions.org
Ontario By Bike Speaking Engagements
Ontario By Bike is frequently asked to speak at a both cycling and tourism-related conferences, summits and business outreach workshops.
Examples of prior speaking engagements:
- Alberta Bikes Conference (2016)
- Two Wheel Tourist Workshop (2016)
- Ultimate Travel Show (2016)
- Ontario Tourism Summit (2015)
- Two-Wheeled Tourists Workshop (2014)
- Ontario Bike Summit (2012, 2014)
- Eastern Ontario Active Transportation Summit (2014 & 2016)
- Outdoor Adventure Show (2012 to 2015)
- TrailHead Ontario (2011, 2013, 2015)
- Regional Bike Summits (2012 to 2016)
- Move: Transporation Expo (2011)
- Ontario Association of Community Futures Economic Development Coorporations Conference (2011)
- Durham Tourism Summit (2011)
To enquire about having Ontario By Bike to speak at your next event, contact info(at)ontariobybike.ca or call 1-866-701-2774.
Cycle Tourism Conferences